We offer realistic hope based on the following:
- Accurate diagnosis – a result of advanced genomic testing. These advanced tests, not used in the public medical systems, commonly identify treatments not previously considered.
- Increased treatment options – a boost for those patients told ‘there is nothing more we can do.’
- Peace of mind knowing you will be treated by leading specialists applying cutting edge cancer treatments.
- Time efficient: You will spend less time researching doctors, treatments, complementary medicines & therapies on the internet. We are literally a ‘one-stop-shop’ .
- Reduced waiting times for specialists, scans & tests due to our priority services.
- Reduced worry of organising & arranging convenient medical appointments.
- Ongoing personalised support, to help you manage the clinical, practical & emotional challenges of cancer.
- We provide a personalised & boutique service. We guide you through the multiple layers of the cancer maze.
- We fast track & coordinate medical appointments, second opinions & diagnostic tests.
- We suggest questions for you to ask of your oncologist.)
- We debrief with you after appointments to clarify & help you make informed decisions.
- We conduct considerable research on your behalf.
- We provide personalised support throughout your entire cancer experience.
The Grace Gawler Institute for Integrated Cancer Solutions is an independent organisation. We do not receive remuneration from doctors or clinics we refer to. This ensures we can access the most appropriate treatment centres for your case.
Our therapeutic director & chief navigator, Grace Gawler, has 42 years helping patients navigate the cancer maze. Knowing that accurate diagnosis is key to targeted treatments, we draw use the best of modern diagnostic tests.
As well, over the decades, Grace has built close liaisons with leading doctors across Australia, Asia, UK, USA & EU. Doctors are selected based on their credibility & performance results as well as research record, academic achievement & global footprint. We prefer doctors who embrace new technologies, are ‘approachable’ & will ‘go the extra mile for you.’
Public health systems in Australia, NZ, UK or other countries, whilst giving good service, especially for standard cancers, are very fragmented. Navigating the ‘system’ to find the best (most appropriate) doctors & surgeons can be difficult and frustrating. Government health systems are limited by resources, funding & protocols. The Cancer Navigator is a boutique service and as such can help you access exceptional levels of treatment & care. This combined with careful case management means many of our patients exceed ‘normal’ medical expectations.
As well – the complexity of cancer makes it very challenging to manage. Your Navigator supports you through the entire process.
- Read the front page of the website thoroughly & click all links.
- Watch the short animations & videos on the video tutorial page.
- Thoroughly read these key pages – Cancer Fact Checker,
- Book a Skype Video Consultation to explore how we can help you.
The Institute has considerable expertise in the field of supportive care medicine – which includes complementary medicines, therapies and care protocols. However, most patients presenting to us are harming their recovery efforts and undermining their cancer medicines because of uncoordinated and fragmented use of complementary medicines.
There are some excellent botanical supplements which can complement cancer treatments but this field requires expertise.
We recommend that patients check with us to see if their supplements are contraindicated against their cancer medicines. We also suggest that patients using naturopaths or integrative doctors insist that these practitioners collaborate with their oncology teams. All practitioners in your team should work together on your behalf – otherwise you get a sub optimal approach. We advise you to study the various pages on this website relating to complementary medicines, nutrition as well as the video tutorial page & the cancer fact checker page.
Think of a hospital as a box with great skill & resources but there are always limits. Finances often dictate levels of expertise & varienty of treatment options. We help you access options unavailable in your box. Working outside of the normal treatment box (where the hospital is in charge of you) we help you access another box with more experience in your cancer. Often this box is offshore. Having added in a new layer of complexity the navigator has the important role of coordinating all the oncology specialists so they work as a team for your best outcome. While many are experts in their field they are not experienced as coordinators – it’s a bit like getting 3 or 4 armies from different countries to achieve a common goal with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency.
The navigator also knows how to sequence treatments for your optimal outcomes. This requires sophisticated dialogues with the specialists so they have ‘buy in.’ The specialists need careful coordinating for maximal impact with minimal fuss.