Helping Patients Navigate the National
& International Cancer Maze:
Cancer Patients without Borders is our Institute’s initiative to enhance the care of cancer patients
Why referrals to Asia have replaced Germany for our Patients:
- Similar or better treatments but substantially cheaper (1/5 cost) making this financially do-able.
- Clinical Trials & Research: Often we can access trials in Asia that patients would never find without our assistance.
- We can assess and refer you to Asian centres of excellence with proven track records.
- For difficult colo-rectal surgical procedures, we can refer you to a world ranked colo-rectal surgeon; himself a recovered cancer patient.
- If you wish to value add to your current cancer treatment we can organise professionally delivered hyperthermia & complementary medicine combined (not available at this quality in Australia) as well as personalized vaccines and immunotherapies.
- Combined with our follow up, case management & Australian-based oncology referrals; this an very powerful package for enhancing cancer outcomes.
- We have also found the levels of medical professionalism to be much higher than in Germany.
About Global Referrals:
SELF REFERRALS: From our experience many self referred patients often travel with incomplete medical records and no one to case manage or advocate on their behalf. In particular – they often do not return to their oncologist (or he/she may not work with you anymore) when they arrive back in their home country and they tend to maintain a poor level of monitoring and follow up. With little real knowledge of treatments and the nature of cancer itself – patients often don’t know the questions to ask or how to validate the treatments they are offered. There is a lot to know before embarking on an overseas trip for cancer treatment.
Often patients self-refer to International Clinics, having chosen from the internet; many simply choose the cheaper option without really knowing what they are getting for their spend. Many Clinics treating cancer in Germany & Mexico are alternative medicine based – but there are a few who wisely combine conventional medicine with complementary and psychological approaches and these present a better option – but once again, there is a lot to know before you embark upon such a journey.
As one patient said: ” We didn’t know what we didn’t know when we tried to assess & research overseas cancer treatments on our own.”
Contact Grace via the CONTACT PAGE for personalised assistance with a referral to Asia.