Skype Video Consultations with Grace Gawler
Step 1: Be sure to explore our highly informative website. Most of your answers can be found on the front page, front page links & animation videos.
Like most previous patients you will quickly see considerable health restoration advantages benefit from working with the navigator.
Step 2: Book an initial one hour Skype consultation with Grace – our cancer navigator.
Because the cancer navigator concept may be new to you, before proceeding, make sure you have watched the animation below.
Step 3: We are committed to helping you achieve excellence. To this end we offer blocks of consultations at a savings & ensuring your continuity for best outcomes – our Cancer Navigation Package
Grace’s thoroughness & broad experience across multiple cancer disciplines will be evident in your first consultation. Indeed, you may join the many patients who say
“I just wish I found you SOONER.”
Having made this journey with thousands of patients during her 42 years at the cancer coalface – the Navigator is a powerful ally to have at your side.
How to Book and Pay:
- All Skype consultations are prepaid.
- To schedule an appointment visit the PrePay for Skype Page
- Select the relevant appointment icon to make your payment.
- Grace will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
- You will receive a consent form and a preparatory PDF.
- saves time & energy for patients
- relatives can be included in the call
- consult in the comfort of your home
- helpful if you have mobility or pain issue
- cost-effective – saves on travel
- environmentally friendly
- fast tracking to world cancer experts
- access expert second opinion
- access to genomic diagnostic tests
- innovative tools for navigating the maze
- targeted safe complementary medicine
- resilience training for contingencies
Patients who are case-managed by the navigator, achieve exceptional results. Read Testimonials
Grace says – “Four decades at the cancer coalface has taught me that cancer is often a marathon and not a sprint. There are some days, weeks, even months when I work intensively with certain high priority patients, their families & their medical teams.
My critical care service has helped many late stage cancer patients survive the immediate crisis, experience well-being again & regroup. The diagram shows how I prioritise my services.”
- For ethical reasons we do not offer phone consultations
- Saturday Video Calls (at Mon-Frid fees)