Your cancer navigator will help you find your way through the bewildering cancer maze.
Why is this Necessary:
Few patients understand the nature of cancer. They also report that their doctors/oncologists provide scant information about treatment options & side-effects.
Consequently; the first port of call for many patients (and friends) is Dr Google.
This is fraught with problems because laypeople cannot discern between valid science and pseudoscience – the internet abounds with fake cancer news.
So – like any wise ship’s captain you engage a Navigator
Benefits for navigated patients:
Your cancer navigator….
* Has travelled this path with 18,000 + of patients. She will help you eliminate time consuming trial & error experiments & minimise mistakes.
* Educates – Helps you to understand your cancer type. The navigator is constantly researching on your behalf.
*Provides personal guidance as you move through the cancer maze; empowering you to make informed decisions, thus improving your cancer outcome.
* Can liaise with international experts and facilitate appointments and guidance for treatment options that may not be available in your home country. You may be seen as treatable; even curable, overseas.
*Can refer you to a world certified Australian genomic diagnostic laboratory. The tests can identify targeted treatments. This service is only available to navigated patients
* Helps bridge gaps in international medical organising. While there may be valid treatment options for you overseas, many are in countries where English is not the first language. Communication difficulties often arise. The navigator provides a crucial safety factor for you when seeking treatments overseas – ensuring nothing is lost in translation.
* Is qualified & experienced in providing nutritional advice as well as prescribing targeted complementary medicines to support your cancer treatments.
* Can refer you for second opinions with cancer experts.
* Will help you collate & organise your medical records making them more user-friendly to other doctors, especially overseas cancer experts.
* Is available to answer all questions that are important to you.
* Provides Emotional & Psychological Support to keep you motivated & on track.
Nutritional Benefits as a Navigated Patient:
Grace Gawler, your navigator, is Australia’s most experienced cancer nutrition expert – more than qualified to manage & advise you in the areas of…
* Safest & most effective Cancer Nutrition.
* Functional foods & creating a balanced gut biome for improved immune health.
* Using functional foods to help reduce treatment side effects & enhance efficacy of those treatments.
* Targeted (personalised) nutritionals & botanicals to complement oncology treatment
* Complementary medicines & therapies (yes they are different).
* Safe, effective sequencing & coordinating of nutritionals while undergoing treatments.