The Grace Gawler Institute
Are you lost in the cancer maze?
Our Boutique Cancer Survivorship Care Plans may be the answer for you
Once enrolled in the Care Plan, veteran cancer navigator, Grace Gawler, with 47 years of experience, will guide you through the cancer maze.
Designed for People like You:
Each Care Plan provides you with 10-15 hours of dedicated services and is personally designed for your unique needs.
Cost effective: The Plans provide you with research, referrals, coordination, case management, complementary medicine and naturopathic guidance, regular support & follow up.
Join our Cancer Survivorship Care Plan
Here’s how a Survivorship Care Plan helped Yvonne
Yvonne Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer: Since joining a Survivorship Care Plan in Feb 2021, I immediately felt supported by her informative weekly check-ins and video consultations. Since then, Grace has informed, coordinated services, guided, and supported me. She recommended and organised genomic testing which has pointed the way forward in terms of nutrition, medication, and treatments suitable for me as an individual.
When I was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian Cancer in late 2020, I knew I needed to take immediate action and find specialized help. But where? Throughout my initial surgery and subsequent chemotherapy, I felt I was in very good hands, but it soon became clear to me that each stage of treatment takes place in isolation, with little collaboration, ongoing planning, or support, between practitioners.
How you can benefit from our Care Plan
Increased treatment options for Care Plan participants:
Grace and her team of national and international experts can broker a range of survivorship options; including, genomic diagnostics minimally invasive treatments, personalised nutrition, complementary medicines and supportive care.
How you benefit from skilled cancer navigation
How your cancer navigator helps you
Decades ago, Grace realised patients needed a skilled navigator to guide them through the cancer maze. She developed the Survivorship Care Plans where patients engage with the Navigator (Grace), on a regular basis; with the aim of helping them to become empowered and informed participants in their Survivorship.
Access to cancer experts in our network:
A Survivorship Care Plan will introduce you to a variety of cancer experts who have different skills and with whom you will consult during your recovery. We fast track this process!
Some of the specialists may offer a second opinion; others will become long-term on your team; some specialists will provide a specific skill required at the time.
The cancer navigator helped these patients
Anna: Metastatic Ovarian Cancer. I could not be more grateful for Grace having come into my life, she was able to bring it all together, was willing to look me holistically and see me as the unique individual that I am. This resulted in several significant outcomes.
Judith: Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer. An extremely important part of my recovery has been the weekly video Survivorship Care Plan sessions I have with Grace. These weekly video sessions with Grace have been invaluable to my recovery.
Alison: Metastatic TNBC. Knowledge is power so Grace’s advice and support, every step of the way, empowers me in my oncology consultations. Like the rest of my family, I’m very grateful for Grace’s ongoing commitment to help me.
She cares about me as a person, not just a patient and has made an incredible difference in my LIFE.
Ngareta: Rectal Adenocarcinoma. I cannot recommend Grace highly enough. Because of her, I’m now cancer-free. I was diagnosed last December, and didn’t know what to do. Luckily I found Grace, and I signed up for a cancer care plan. For more great survivorship stories – click here.
Survivorship Care Plans More benefits
Reduce Stress and Isolation:
Imagine how the stress & isolation of dealing with cancer can be reduced by engaging the services of an experienced cancer navigator.
Imagine having someone who is dedicated to you & available to answer all your cancer related questions and can troubleshoot the confusion and overwhelm that comes not only with a cancer diagnosis but with ongoing treatment decision making.
Survivorship Care Plan Options
Basic Care Plan 10 hours of dedicated services
First step – Organise a preliminary Video Consultation to discuss your options and suitability to join a basic survivorship care plan.
Cancer help services may include…
- Weekly short follow-up video consultations.
- Coordination & collaboration with genomic laboratories & other experts on your behalf, including second opinions.
- Fast tracking for urgent case.
- Emotional & psychological Coaching, including resources and eBooks.
- Education & thorough explanations to help you make informed decisions.
- Email reminders to keep you on track & more.
Grace will familiarise yourself with your case have read & familiarised herself with your case, collated your records, and stores them safely.
Platinum Care Plan 15 hours dedicated services
First step – Organise a preliminary Video Consultation to discuss your options & suitability to join a Platinum survivorship care plan.
Cancer help services may include…
NOTE: This plan is our ultimate service & is designed for patients who have rare or difficult to treat cancers and who often, have failed multiple treatments. These patients require a longer term, more devoted service.
- Additional services to those provided in the basic Survivorship Care Plan.
- Priority services; when urgent, after hours, weekends, holidays.
- Taking a deeply forensic approach, leaving no stone unturned, Grace casts a wide net involving her expert colleagues. This may include fast tracking of appointments or ‘re-examination’ of the original diagnosis.
- New research shows cancer receptors can change overtime requiring a new treatment approach.
- This can significantly impact patient survivorship.
- This just one example how the services are more intensive than the Basic Care Plan.
Lets see what we can achieve together!
Basic Survivorship Care Plan
$2200 for 10 hours of personalised and thorough service
Platinum Survivorship Care Plan
$2950 for 15 hours of personalised and thorough service
How to proceed
Patients need to apply to join a Survivorship Care Plan. The service will have been thoroughly discussed with you during a video call. It is essential to read our terms of service.
If you wish to proceed with a Survivorship Care Plan contact Grace below…
Please write ‘Survivorship Care Plan’ in the subject line of the contact form.
Explore your Survivorship Possibilities Now
Explore more benefits - Patient Advocacy
Your Patient Advocate:
* Empowers your decision-making providing evidence based information about cancer and treatment options.
* Informs you of your rights as a patient – giving voice to patients’ unmet needs.
* Aims to minimise patient suffering whilst undergoing cancer treatments. Highlights the need for compassionate care.
* Emphasises wellbeing and quality of life as being fundamental to cancer survivorship.
* Assistance to improve communication with your oncologist and allied health practitioners.
* Coaches you to develop ‘healthy’ attitudes to your healthcare.
A Patient Advocate:
* Advocates for case reviews and second opinions including compassionate use of drugs.
* Provides avenues of exploration for cancer patients to access genomic diagnostics, targeted treatments and oncologists who can action their use.
* Organises access to specialised cancer treatment hubs who can provide skill, experience and expertise for rare and difficult to treat cancers.
* Above all; your navigator/advocate focuses on continuity in your case management so that nothing falls through the gaps.