Your cancer navigator is a specialised patient advocate who…
- Helps you navigate the increasingly complex & bewildering cancer maze – providing guidance & support at each step of the way.
- Builds a comprehensive overview of your unique cancer history in order to provide a dedicated & personalised approach to your cancer treatment & management.
- Has longevity in the field – 4 + decades.
- Is knowledgeable across multiple cancer disciplines; including, knowledge of oncology treatments (especially cutting edge treatments), surgery, radiation, immune therapies, cancer nutrition, psychological support & more.
- Informs & educates you about new treatments, new diagnostics, new options – empowering you to make informed decisions.
- Is not on the payroll of any hospital or drug company – is free of limiting hospital protocols – can find the best option for patients.
Your navigator empowers you, the patient, to 'captain' your cancer survivor ship.
Empowering the Patient to gain maximum value from an oncology consultation:
An oncology consultation can be a dis-empowering & intimidating experience for many patients. Consequently many patients retain little from their oncology consultations – just 10-20% of what is possible.
With our help in advance, our navigated patients attain more value from their consultation – often 80-90%.
The following scenario illustrates how the navigator helps our patient to maximise their oncology consultation.
Before our patient attends a the oncology consultation, the navigator, discusses ways to manage & maximise the consultation in advance.
For example; the navigator sometimes shows the patient how interview the oncologist; instead of the other way around. This very act act empowers the patient; after all it is their life on the line.
Based on the patient’s medical records, we prepare in advance a list of important questions to ask the oncologist. A novice patient does not know the best questions to ask; let alone interpret the answers.
The method can open up a new realm of treatment possibilities and options that are not normally offered without the extra impetus from the navigated patient.